- "Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles"
- Registration projects in health and health care
Registration projects in health and health care
Suivre les tendance des maladies infectieuses, définir des seuils d'alerte, détecter les épidémies
The STI surveillance supports public health efforts by providing a framework for:
- Problem detection: surveillance can identify the emergence of a particular STI as well as changes in the levels of existing endemic STI. Certain STI, while not initially perceived as a problem in the population as a whole, may be a significant problem for specific sub-populations.
- Problem description: surveillance can identify factors mediating STI occurrence.
- Problem solving: surveillance can provide information needed to...
The World Health Organization (WHO) identified a number of targets for vaccine preventable disease control. A goal of global eradication of poliomyelitis has been set and a strategic plan for eliminating measles and rubella infection exists for some of the WHO Regions. The European Region of WHO has been certified polio-free in June 2002 and elimination of measles and rubella in the Region is targeted by 2015. Prior to stopping polio immunization, it will be necessary to certify the absence of wild poliovirus circulation from every country in the world. For a region to be certified polio-...